1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway stakes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 2005DMAX, Oct 26, 2008.

1. 2005DMAX

2005DMAX Junior Member

What do you all use for marking drives and lots? Where is the best place to get stakes?
  2. Landscapes8988

Landscapes8988 Senior Member

I buy mine from Angelos Supply

they are 1/4 inch orange fiberglass stakes. Only .45 cents a piece when you buy 100 of them. I buy 300 each year and they are great!! You can plow right over them and they spring right back up again! good luck!:drinkup:
  3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

4. MainePlowGuy

MainePlowGuy Junior Member
    from Maine

Angelos Supply is a great deal, .45 per. Mine came Friday a quick spin on a belt sander puts a great point on and you're ready to go!
  5. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

fiberglass innovations - .99/ea
    Angelo's - .45/ea

looks like angelos still wins, ima order today
  6. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

The orange fiberglass stakes are great. Only a couple things learned from experience. Always wear leather gloves handling them b/c if you slide your bare hands on the stakes it is easy to get fiberglass splinters, really sucks later w/ the itching, goes double handling brokens. If you have trouble driving them a sharpened piece of #4 rebar w/ something welded to the top in a "T" fashion is excellent for hard/frozen ground, could just use big adz vice-grips instead of welded "T" in a pinch.