1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway seasonal contracts?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by 94gt331, Aug 9, 2012.

1. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

I've been thinking alittle about plowing allready for this coming winter. Last year in my area I dropped the plow 1 time at all my resedentials( 20 or so properties that I maintain there landscapes all spring and summer). I take care of about 15- 20 commercial properties that require some salting. I have 3 trucks and a skidloader to take care of these places.
    All my properties are per push. Commercial are ok cause you can salt and make some more income. But after last winter making very little on the resedntial side make me think whats the point. I thought about doing a seasonal contract for the resedentials. And if they don't want to do the seasonal; just to get rid of them, whats the point for being prepared all winter for there little driveway to plow them once. Any thought please from everyone.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds good to me .Send them out now with a deadline to sign by or you can't hold a spot for them.

3. 94gt331

94gt331 Senior Member
    from usa

Yeah I was going to get some figures ready here by Sept for my customers. I like plowing resedential, but I want a guarantee on some income to keep them as customers. Nothing personal to them it's just good for my buisness I feel.

4. alcs

alcs Member

Everything for us is contract only.
    tymusic