1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by superlate model, Dec 22, 2004.

1. superlate model

superlate model Junior Member
    from Mi.

Hi everyone,I am new to this sit and got to say this is one very awesome site.People are friendly/helpful.
    I don't have a truck yet that is going to be in july.
    Going to be doing drives,most are double wide and about 50 feet long.Was looking at a couple different set ups (1)3/4 ton with boss or western Vplow
    (2)1500 4x4 stortbox with 7.6 western poly or steel.
    Will not be doing any commercial plowing.
    Talked to several people most say go with #2 w/poly.
    A few said the V plow would be better.
    What we you recommend?
    Plowed back in the 70s w/CJ5 jeep,6.5 western but with all the new plows just wasn't sure what to buy.
    Thanks for the help and happy holidays
  2. Mark F

Mark F Senior Member

Hey Tim
    Number 2 would be the best choice for small to medium drives. But what if you get the guy that owns the stipp mall down the road. And he loves what you've done in his driveway. Then you'll wish you had number 1,"yesterday".
  3. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Personally I'd go with the V plow. You'll be more happy with it in the long run.