1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

driveway Question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Blizzard Man, May 13, 2004.

1. Blizzard Man

Blizzard Man Junior Member

I know this has been asked in here before but I can't find it.
    How many drives could I plow in a hour? Most drives around here
    are 2 cars wide and about 3-4 cars long.In neighborhoods we are looking at,the drives are close together.
  2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

it depends on the truck, plow, driver, snow, driveway layout, traffic conditions, etc etc. There are too many variables to say it will take you x amount of time per drive. :D :D where you can pile the snow will make a big difference to.
  3. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

especailly (sp?) if the snow has to be all pushed to one little spot that is just big enough for the plow to fit into
  4. Blizzard Man

Blizzard Man Junior Member

Would be using a chev 1500 short box with a 7.5 western.All the drives are on side streets with very little traffic.The drives are straight,just a matter of back dragging
    and pushing it across the street which is ok in this county as long as you don't leave windrows in the street.The other is to push it up on to lawn.I plowed snow for over 10 years didn't do small drives like these.A guy told me no more than 5min based on a average snow fall(6"or less).
  5. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Even though I've only down a few residentials, I'd give yourself some more time per drive. There are a lot more obstacles to worry about that if plowing commercially in an empty lot.

I used to plow for some condo's for my father. We were responsible for clearing the roads and the property manager cleared each driveway. Even just doing the road, people would be constantly getting in the way, running out in front of the plow to stop me and ask if I could move all the snow in the opposite direction. One lady even asked me to shovel down the snow bank because they were ugly.