1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway pricing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Sep 12, 2005.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

When you plow more than once during the same storm, how much do you charge for the additional plowings after the first one, full price or discounted?

Say the forecast is 8" and there is about 4" or so on the ground, you plow all your people and figure on plowing them again after the next 4" falls. Well only 1.5" falls.............Do you plow them again and charge full price? What do you tell the people that say "Why didn't you just wait until it stopped snowing and only charge me once? You purposely plowed too early so you could get in another plowing before the storm ended."

On the advice of someone else, I have been charging half-price on any additional plowings after the first one (during the same storm). This has helped avoid these problems but with gas prices rising I'm thinking about charging full price for ANY and ALL plowings.

Thank you for any advice,

Joel B.
  2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

I price per push, if I have to plow 3 times during a storm, it's the same price every time.

Now keep in mine I don't have many res. accounts but the ones I do understand that we have no control over the amount of snow that falls payup .

What would you do if your trigger is 2", you plow, same storm another 3" falls before you get back, you would still have to charge full price cause that is a significant amount of snow. It dosen't matter if it's 1.5" or 3" next visit, it's your time and wear on your equipment, you can never wait out a storm before plowing. Your customers will understand.

Best of Luck my Friend
  3. Scottish Lscape

Scottish Lscape Member