1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

driveway pricing feed backs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim C, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

I am interested to see if my pricing is fair. I plow plow west of Boston, I have 40 driveways price ranges from 26-100 $$ per push, by the inch. 1-4"= 1 push, 5-8"= 1 1/2 push, 9-12"= 2 push. This is reg. snow. Heavy snow 1-4"=1 push, 5-8"= 2pushes, 9-12"= 3 pushes. My blizzard claus is Reg. snow 13-16"=3 push, 16-20"= 3 1/2 push. Heavy snow is 13-16"=4 pushes, 16-20"=5 pushes.

I hope this is not to confussing it worked well last season wiyh only 2 complaints that were not to bad. Any feed back or suggestions would be agreat help. I do not want to plow for nothing, guys around here give it away.I.E 20-25" wegot last seaon one guy only charged 2 pushes, I can not compete with that and make money. :gunsfiring:

Hope to hear from you guy's soon Thanx Tim C :waving: :drinkup:
  2. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

I've been pricing at a flat rate for the first 12" per storm, and 1/2 rate for every 6 inches after that per storm or "event". Worked weel, made plenty of monye and no complaints.
  3. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

I think customers probably want the easiest pricng plan available.

There was a reply to a thread about how well flat rates work-- essentially paying more for lower volumes but averaging out over the winter.

Personally, I think your pricing is OK, but also, as you said, I find it confusing.

Its always hard and if your near Boston you got whacked last year with a load of major storms. That makes it difficult for you and the customer. With energy prices wre they are right now, people are gonna think hard about costs this winter.

I think bgingras has a decent plan and it's easy to remember by the customer.

I believe the oil companies get a lot of business with their pre-pay accounts and pricing plans. This makes it easy for the customers--people are about easy nowadays. They're also about cheap!