1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

driveway prices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jsheedy75, Feb 1, 2004.

1. jsheedy75

jsheedy75 Member
    from CT

I am sort of new to the buisness end of plowing. I have been plowing for 10 years but have only recently started to have customers. I used to only do my immediate family. I am hoping I am not being a "lowballer". What would the price for an average driveway be?

2. ptllandscapeIL

ptllandscapeIL Senior Member

i know for me the average drive is from like 25.00 to 35.00 bucks but that is klinda low after taking alot of advice form the guys on here Ive realized DOT low-ball yourself! people dont pay for your the kinda truck or snowblower you have.there paying for your time and honestly what is your time worth to you? the average say 15x 20 drive id charge around 30 to 35 bucks? just some info.hope it helps

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

There is a wide range of prices you will soon learn. Search for a thread on "How much to do a driveway". It went on for 5-6 pages I do believe.
    I charge $20-$25 for a "City Size Drive". Bigger drives bigger bill.
    Must use magic plow to cleanup an unplowed driveway after a few snow falls---> Bigger Bill. Some people do "per-snow's" some "all season, prepayed" some "I will call ya's" It varies,everyone has their opinion on it. Which I am sure you will soon learn.

4. pcnservices

pcnservices Junior Member

I was always uncertian as to what to charge and this year I have decided to have a fixed pricing infrastructure for snow removal.

I charge a minimum fee of $20 for a short single d/way. I would charge like this ie:
    0" - 4" = $25 (depends on size and lenght of d/way, w/ways)
    4" - 6" =$30
    6" and more $ 30 + add $2 per inch (9" of snow = $36)

5. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

im from east haven ct i dont go into a driveway for anything less than thirty dollars.dont leave the darn snow in the road or on the side walk

picture 005.jpg

6. bgingras

bgingras Senior Member

average driveway is $35 per strom up to 12" $17.50 per 6" after that. A storm is defined as anything seperated by 8 hours of nothing , a snow squal at the end of the day when the storm came in the morning would be a different storm if it hits the trigger amount.

Service provided: plow every 6" or end of storm under 6", clean competely after storm. I'll shovel the trail left along the garages etc.

Total time 15 minutes each.

Most clients don't want to even have the drive plowed with less than 3" around here.

7. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Seems $30 minimum is fair to everyone!

8. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

$40 is lowest unless its 2 inches most are 45-50 for normal storms and im getting 10-20 to snowblow sidewalk

9. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

35.00 dollars for up to 8 inches small drives ways

10. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

We pretty much don't stop for under 40.00, some are 100+ and they get charged full rate per push. So if we plow a 40.00 drive twice during a storm it's 80.00

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

I charge every time I push the drive. One or two times with them shoveling the 4 inch snow they don't whine about 2-3" plows I do.

12. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

I get $20 for the little drives and $40-$50 for bigger ones. I have about 11 $20 drives and 3 $50 drives. I have 2 parking lots i do. And i also sub for a local guy for $50 hour. Kepps my busy when the snow flys..........