1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway prices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Bdub5134, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Bdub5134

Bdub5134 Junior Member
    from Indiana

What's a good price to plow a typical 1-2 car driveway maybe 10-20 yards with a good 8-12' ??wesport
  2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

8-12ft? Couple hundred.
  3. jrs.landscaping

jrs.landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

12', $5-600
  4. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

WOAH!!!!! FEET??!??!!!?

Assuming you meant 8-12 INCHES??? haha
  5. Bdub5134

Bdub5134 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Yeah i met 8-12 inches. Sorry
  6. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

You're in Indiana? Metro? Here on East Coast it matters where you are…answer truly is get what you can - give a price and then talk about it…tell them what you bring to the table. Talk salt - Cal - whatever - left them know you know what you are talking about. Give them your pricing for 3-6, 6-10, 10+ --- however you want to do it...
  7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

One time deal I assume...$100.00
  8. snowbelt5

snowbelt5 Member

$35.00 bucks. That's about all I could get in my area. would love to get more, but I guess I wasn't raised a plumber and get $80.00 for fixing a leaky pipe with a pipe wrench that takes two minutes.
  9. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

$35 is all u can get for 8-12"? Wow! I would try for more, but u know your area!
  10. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

When I started doing drives 6 years ago. I thought it was outrageous to get $40 to $60 to do a two car garage driveway.

Then I learned that people were getting $75 to $90. Talk about shock. Back in the 1970's people did not want to pay a kid $10 with a shovel.

Keep raising your prices each storm. Because if you are getting every job you quote your prices are to low.
  11. UltraLwn&Lndscp

UltraLwn&Lndscp Senior Member

Its depends on if you are pushing or pulling! obstacles, gravel or pavement, etc...Pushing a rectangle 3 crisp 20's or 4 dingy ones. pulling $100 with that much snow. This is my price where I live. I dislike cold calls and I know there are plenty around that will do it cheaper and I don't care.
  12. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

This cannot easily be answered everywhere is so different. It depends on how much snow you get per season. Areas where you get more annual snowfall tend to get less per push than areas that get fewer events. I hire a contractor to plow my vacation home in New Hampshire and he gets less per season then I get in two events in massachusetts and he plows 15-20 times per year.
  13. mark268

mark268 Member

Indiana Standard 4 car straight drive; 8" will cost you $60, 12" will cost you $90. If they don't want to pay a lowballer can have them, I make more on commercials anyway...
  14. fozzy

fozzy Member

Use PLOWZ 25.00 for a 1-2 car drive.:dizzy:
  15. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

I'm from indiana and on an 8" storm the least I get is $50 on even the smallest driveway. the most I get on my biggest driveway is $70.

on an 12" storm the least I charge is $75 on my smallest of driveways and $105 on my largest.

I charge per push and make multipul visits for 6" or more. 6-10 is generally a 2 visit event and 12 is a 3 visit event. haven't really seen much over 12 and not sure how many visits I'd get. at least 3.
  16. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Are those prices per push or per event?
  17. yardguy28

yardguy28 Senior Member

18. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

The way I read that, is that on an 8 inch storm, you get $50, and go out 2 times, therefore $25 per push.

Your pricing structure is very confusing.
  19. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

$80 up to 9 niches, past that hide your wallet. Over 9 inches is base price plus $90 hr, that includes drive time.
  20. Tcp

Tcp Junior Member

wow 35 bucks, my driveway is 2 wide 2 long and i pay kids 60 bucks to shovel it while im out plowing