1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway pictures???

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by capnsac, Nov 30, 2009.

1. capnsac

capnsac Member

I was wondering if any of you have pictures (before & after preferably) of driveways that have been cleared with atv plows? I want to see the quality that these plows bring to the table.

Thanks in advance.

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I Don't have any Pics that are a good before and after of my driveway area's but if you click on my winter plowing saga Link in my sig your find pics of the areas that I due.
    All done with an ATV and Plow, and some with my ATV Blower. I hardly ever put down salt Unless we get a layer of Ice dumped on us.

and some of my drives are drove on before I get a chance to plow so I will get packed snow to try and pull up also.

sublime out.

3. capnsac

capnsac Member

Are the pics of the atv plowed snow with or without the down pressure system?

4. dan67

dan67 Member

gravel Drive

This is one of Drives that I do. Base is 1 1/2 in. rock so I leave about an inch of snow to start the season, Then after the base freezes i plow right on top.

atv snow 001.jpg

5. dan67

dan67 Member

drives

one more photo, Most of my accounts are gravel driveways, so I always leave a small base, nobody has every complined. yet.

snow   2-4-2008 006.jpg

6. capnsac

capnsac Member

thanks dan, looks good. what kind of plow are you using, what size polaris?

7. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

i love all your pictures. they are awesome

8. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

thats how you do it , it will keep the gravel off the lawn imo

9. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

some of both though once you c pics of the Down Pressure system all pics after that I have been done with the DP system but for what its worth for the DP only really shines if your trying to scrap up packed snow or backdragging snow away from a Door way where you can't get behind to push with the ATV. I really can't tell the difference from when I had just the Winch on the blade for up/down VS when I put the DP system on.

just my thoughts.

Sublime.

10. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

oh you wanted pics lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

a truck wont stack that high and get out imo

11. WayneSnow

WayneSnow Senior Member

nice! looks good

12. dan67

dan67 Member

I use a polaris 500 HO with a 60" glacicer plow. No shoes on blade. Have had dual over head strobes now i've also added 4led strobes on the back.

13. Zach

Zach Senior Member

I plowed this with my recon 250 2wd. It was very wet, heavy snow!

[​IMG]

14. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Don't ya love it when the town truck goes by just after you get your driveway done!!

15. Zach

Zach Senior Member

oh yeah :realmad:

16. jason9696

jason9696 Junior Member
    from Vermont

Just curious, how long did it take to plow that drive? I'm trying to get a basis of how long it is going to take me to do mine.

17. rangerguy83

rangerguy83 Junior Member

Here are a couple pics of my horseshoe shaped driveway that I plow with my AC 300 4x4 with a 50" Moose plow. Its a gravel driveway so I do set the skids accordingly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Zach

Zach Senior Member

Maybe 10-20 minutes