1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway Markers?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by kws, Nov 26, 2008.

1. kws

kws Junior Member

Hi all,
    Driveway markers seem really expensive, just wondering how many per driveway to use and if you all have ideas where to get them?:confused:

We are talking about a single car driveway about three cars long..

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

On a single car drive, I would use 4. Two on each edge about half way down, and two on each edge marking where the sidewalk is so I know where not to push the snow. If you can't follow a line of site straight line, then you have bigger problems than how many stakes to buy. I get 1/4 inch X 48 inch orange fiberglass rods from angelos, and use my bench top belt sander to put a pointed tip on one end, so they drive in the ground straighter. I think I paid .47 cents a piece this year.
  3. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

Good post!:drinkup:
  4. kws

kws Junior Member

Thankyou so much Rc2505 !!
  5. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare Member

I ask all my clients to purchase them and place them....As long as the markers are in place I return in the spring to repair any turf issues. Never had a customer say no. They actually say thanks...Good Idea so you don't tear anything up.
  6. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Bad pic but you'll get the idea, 4" wide x 48" tall lettered both sides on a flexible fiberglass rod. Two per driveway, less than $5 ea.

7. 042500hd

042500hd Senior Member

Where are you buying them?
  8. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

I got them thru Neige at a secret undisclosed location in Quebec :eek:, gonna order more for the bobcat routes. Oddly enough my usual guys in ottawa were unable to make these as they are 8" wide folded in 2 and stitched together. Very slick. Very visible each sign has brought in at least one new customer payup. Cheap focused advertising. I'm thrilled. Can't instal them fast enough.
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I use reflectors on a post and I put them near steps and drilled wells, since there are no sidewalks were I plow.
  10. hondarecon4435

hondarecon4435 Senior Member

i use the fiberglass markers from lowes i also used them for sidemarkers on my atv plow and they worked great for that to but they are allitle pricey