1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway markers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Neige, Feb 19, 2008.

1. Neige

Neige Sponsor

The other day I was asked about my driveway markers. Finally have some pictures.
    tymusic

marker1.jpg

marker2l 007.jpg

marker3006.jpg

2. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Very Cool

Very Cool, never saw anything like them before. Did you make them, or order them?
    Great Idea, with the number.

3. Neige

Neige Sponsor

They are my best advertising ever. Neighbor looks down the street, sees a bunch of the them and knows who to call right away. I buy them, presently I have a new person working on making them better.

4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing Senior Member

thats a great idea, guess it works well looks like you plow most of those drives in those neighborhoods.

5. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Those look great! I do the same thing but I just make my own with a template. They work awsome. It looks really impressive to have a big grouping like that too.

6. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

Those look great! What is the cost of them? Looks like they must be $$$, but then again, it's "free" advertising, and everyone driving by knows how good a job you do, and knows who to call!

7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Around $4.00 each including the peg they slide over. I got someone working on an upgrade, with a fiber glass peg. It might sound expensive, but they last for years, and are worth every penny. Best advertizing I ever bought.

8. Plowin in VT

Plowin in VT Senior Member

That's a lot of money when compared to the price of wooden stakes, but I can definitely see how they could make you a lot of money!....just don't plow them over ;)

What are they made out of?

9. RAZOR

RAZOR Senior Member

Paul V. , check your private messages.

10. AbsoluteH&L

$4.00 may seem like a lot but how much time do you spend cutting and painting stakes that he has made for him. I make my own, those look GREAT. I may try to find someone local to make mine.

11. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

they kinda look like delinator post on the highways...
    I wish we got enough snow to loose a driveway;)

Why do they call them driveways when you park on them and drive on parkways:dizzy:

12. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

they would still get stolen in NJ:realmad: like them alot...xysport

13. AbsoluteH&L

Why would someone want a plow stake with someone else's number on it? Your kidding about not staking rite? I had a drive I plowed the night I signed it, but didn't have stakes on me. Went back the next day during the route, and couldn't find the drive it had drifted in so bad. Good thing the ground was froze, I was off by over 4 feet.

14. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Wanted to bump this up as I'm tossing it around this year. Did you ever find a better source Paul?

15. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

x2, good bump I was thinking about this post 2 weeks ago as well

16. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Bumping this up, I know there some of you on PS that use them.

Lets see pictures of your stakes.

17. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I'll see what I can do.

I had a lady in early December that saw five of her neighbors with my signs, so she called me. The first thing that got her attention was that her neighbors properties had all been marked very nicely and that is something you don't see much of here and when you do it's always with wooden stakes that IMO look bad. Discount stakes are well worth the money and go great with the advertising signs.

18. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I think this is the best idea ever as far as stakes. I'll be ordering some once things get rolling in the spring. This winter was a bust for us so far and being halfway through the season its too late now

19. hansenslawncare

hansenslawncare Senior Member

Who do I contact to have these made up?

20. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I think for entrances to commercial sites it's nice
    Then some wooden ones
    For residential I wouldn't want to look at them all winter long at my house and by use people give $25 off per month if you leave a sign on their proprety so would u give the customer a discount if they help you advertise