1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway markers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by hurley, Nov 15, 2004.

1. hurley

hurley Junior Member

Looking for some advice on driveway markers. I have done a search and been reading the threads I'm just not sure to go with the 4'x1/4" fiberglass markers from http://angelos-supplies.com/cgi-bin...l?0cNJ7T9g;635;
    or the 3 ft straw type from www.j-thomas.com. I'm looking for some cheap but durable markers.

Newbie :redbounce
    03 2500HD 6.6 Diesel
    Boss poly 8ft straight blade
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite! :waving:
    How many will you need? I myself only need about 30 so I get mine from Menards at about $1.50 a piece.
  3. hurley

hurley Junior Member

I'll need about 200-250
  4. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

A lot has to do with your location. If you're in a high snowfall area, I'd say go with the 48" ones. I've seen the 36" get buried from snowfall and plows throwing snow against them. Not sure what you mean by "General" location, but it looks like you're from Michigan by your signature. If you get the ones from Angelos and have some of those round reflectors, I've found they slide right on. Otherwise, you might check your hardware store. Aubochon's Hardware, around here anyway, was having a sale on 48" markers with red or blue reflectors - .89 each.

I used to have some of those 36" ones. By the time I pounded them into the ground, there wasn't enough left (about 24") to bother with. Last year our first snowstorm was over 30".