1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway marker stakes and sprinkler systems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Oct 16, 2002.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Has anyone ever hit a sprinkler system pipe when pounding in a marker stake? I see sprinkler heads along driveways all the time and am wondering how you know where the pipe is to avoid it.

Joel B.
  2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Never gave it much thought.... Luck I guess.
  3. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

Their should be no problems with any type of markers, other than steel rebar. I have hit some obstructions in the past, moved the marker over an inch or two, and back in buisness. Thick wood markers (over 3/4" squared) might pose potential problems as well!

4. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Joel you do have to use care when installing any type of marker that requires you to pound into or make a hole before you install. Not only due to sprinklers but irrigation and drainage piping but low voltage lighting wires too that can be burried along the drives and walks. I would "ask" the customer it they know of anything in and around the area that you plan to mark, at least it would show your concern to the customer.