1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

driveway estimate with walkway

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by NLMCT, Apr 10, 2014.

1. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

so i have a customer that i mow for every week and she is intereted this next year in snow plowing. the driveway is about 171 feet, and then the town requires the walkway in front of the house to be cleared which is 186 to be done with a snow blower then the walkway to the house which is 129 feet. so in total 315 feet of walkway to be snow blowed, and 171 feet for the actual driveway. i was thinking per push 2 inch trigger 45 dollars 2-4 inches 60 dollars 4-6 80 6-10 and 10 plus tbd.... please let me know on your opinions

2. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

heres what it looks like

rewfefdef.jpg

3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

Every area is different in pricing. But, in my are the walks alone would start at $60 and the drive may be $75 depending on the difficulty.

4. NLMCT

NLMCT Senior Member
    from CT

so no matter what area im prolly to low

5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

who will measure it?....too many variables ...how about trigger to 6, 6-12, 12 plus?

6. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

anything under 6'' 45$ anything over 6'' 60$. and anything over 12'' 80$ u got to remember this is some ones driveway not a commercial complex. home owners will get out and measure that ****. if u say they're was 2 inches they might say there's 1.5... on top of that lets say if there's 2 inches its 45$ but if its 3'' its going to be up to 60$? really 15 more bucks for a inch of snow? do what u want its ur business but I found that under 6, over 6 and over 10-12 seem to work good for me. cause think about it most of your events are going to be In the 2-7 range most commonly

7. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

I hate those kinds of driveways with the straight on garages

8. jbsplow

jbsplow Senior Member
    from -

plus if you get 12 inches of snow your probably going to go make 2 trips. one to open them up so they can get out of there driveway, and second when its done for final clean up. so think about that when you give them a price