1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway ends - procedure

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Bigdoghd, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Bigdoghd

Bigdoghd Member

I have a 1998 Tahoe I plow with a Snoway blade, actually a very clean set up. My question is that on some driveway ends the plow gets stuck going over the end of the driveway. Normally I just take it slow, but sometimes the plow will fold almost all the way down.Is there a proper technique for this?
  2. JCE

JCE Member

I've found that angling the plow a little bit makes it easier, but I still go slow at the end. My own drive does this at the sidewalk and the street. By angling the plow, the corner goes over first and the rest of the plow can just slide over. Hitting those straight on is what causes that. The first time I did that I think I woke up the whole neighborhood with the noise when the plow sprung back and bounced!:laughing:
  3. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Are you trying to plow the end of the driveway in to the front of the driveway? I usually push to the side first and then go in. What exactly are you doing?
  4. Bigdoghd

Bigdoghd Member

The other reply was right it's when your coming out of a driveway that has a slight curb.
    The plow blade catches and wants to fold over and springs backs.