1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway Count

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dmjr77, Nov 1, 2006.

1. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

Hello all! I was just wondering how many driveways do you all have signed up so far? Currently I have 63 driveways and 1 road. I will be running 3 trucks this year as well.

2. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

How long will it take you to do all those driveways?
    I can see no problem doing that many with 3 trucks.
    During storms most of us do fall behind a bit.
    I have getting close to 40 for one truck:)

3. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

It took 2 of us about 6 hours to do 52 last year. Since I have more now and a 3rd truck, I have a feeling that I might be right around the same time frame.

4. Daner

Daner PlowSite.com Addict

Your on the right track

Ithink you will be fine ...and able to handle a few more NP.
    Best of luck

5. Scott R

Scott R Member

Wow, that's under 7 minutes per driveway, they must be small driveways ??
    :confused:

6. bbrsq

bbrsq Member

I will have 5 trucks and a skid steer working on 55 acounts.
    only 20 of them are residential drives.
    My commercial accounts vary from 15 acres to 2000 sq. ft. parking lots; malls to doctor offices. My one big commercial I will put 3 trucks on it for 3-4 hours in a typically snow fall.

I still may be picking up more yet.

7. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

78 residentials, a firehouse, and possibly an elementary school. One truck.payup

8. Keith_480231

Keith_480231 Senior Member

Just starting?

Have about 35 Residential's and 8 Mid-Sized Commercials. Need to get flyer's out for Residential's this week. Looking to pick up about 200 this year.payup

9. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

we have about 6 drives, if it's anything like last year we'll push them 2-3 times total.

10. jsaunders

jsaunders Senior Member

45-50 hoping to add more

11. dmjr77

dmjr77 Senior Member

I have all driveway sizes plus 1 one road that is about a 1/4 miles long that is straight.

12. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

good luck..no one seems to be interested in flyers. ive put out 1200 all in the newspaper box and havent had 1 callback.:cry:

i put out 250 in the snow yesterday and am gonna put out another 250 today. with snow on the ground im hoping to get someone interested

13. mole

mole Senior Member

48 and route is under 4miles. all drives

14. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

29 and counting, once the snow flys I hope to pick up about 5 more, I still got school so...

15. ppandr

ppandr Senior Member

85 with Jeeps

85 and counting, calls coming in this week. ALL our drives are within a three mile radius (no kidding) smallest maybe 100' to 1/4 mile roads. Last year plowed with 2 Jeeps, adding another this year. Took about 8 hours up to 8". We do two large commercials on top of this. All the jeep debate about engine size....Are drive jeeps are 4cyl, 5sp with West/fish plows. Last year at 16" of white stuff, the snow was coming over the blades as we pushed full passes.

16. Keith_480231

Where abouts are you talking? All of our work is in Macomb and Oakland counties.

17. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

76 driveways with one Jeep, route is all inside a 1.5 mile circle.

The Plowmeister[​IMG]

18. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

The majority of the calls I get are from clients disatisfied that the last guy didn't show up till 8 hours after it quit snowing.

I dont know how some of you keep your client base but Im thankful some in my area have over extended themselves.

Awsome pic there Plowmeister.

78 drives one truck is either a story, or your clients arent getting the service they deserve.

Like Ive said about other issues here. If you can keep em. Good deal. But look out.....theres people out there that dont have the accounts and do have the time. Like me, and i appreciate guys that are overloaded. makes my sales rate vs estimates given like 95%

But with timing like that Id bet a lot of them are on the cusp of looking for more timely service.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2006
  19. ECS

ECS Senior Member

I am solo, so one truck. I plow 22 residentials and shovel at 6 of them. Time is anywhere from 9 - 13 hrs, depends on the storm and how late or early it is in the season.

20. Keith_480231

Approaching 100 Driveways. Think that all the guys that are trying to get 500 Driveways has blown the "seasonal" game. Just not getting the calls like in the past. Maybe this is going to be a late sign-up? LLM Ann Arbor how many Driveways can you do in a night. I mean just 'cause we do several hundred doesn't mean that we are late and don't provide good service. I mean isn't that what we are in business forpayup ?