1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway Accounts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mmtwin, Feb 4, 2005.

1. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

a FRIEND OF MINE IS MOVING SOUTH. HE WANTS TO KNOW IF I WANT HIS ACCOUNTS. I REALLY DON'T HAVE THE TRUCK FOR DRIVEWAYS. WHAT 2ND VEHICLE DO ANY OF YOU SUGGEST. I WAS THINKING MAYBE A JEEP OR S-1O BLAZER? JUST CURIOUS WHAT YOU MIGHT USE

2. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

How many drives are there? Will you make enough to cover the expense of an additional truck? Other than that I highly recommend a Jeep for the tight drives. I myself use one and love it. I am mainly doing residentials.

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I have all residential this year. I use a 3500 (one ton) as a primary vehicle and a half ton as a back up. I'd use an s10 or Ranger if that's what I had.

I don't know how many or how big of drives you're talking about, but if you want them - take them. Unless they're just tiny drives, you should be fine with whatever you've got unless it's like a 5500. If the drives are real small, get a snowblower.

4. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

there are 25 drives to do. ranging from 30-70 per push

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

Check out my 97 Jimmy in the for sale section. It's a perfect compliment to your present truck!

6. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

i find my truck to big for some of the drives. there are many that are long and whindy. big is to big to turn around in there. money is definetly worth it though

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I am driving a cab and a half long box dually. I only have a few driveways but they can be done. I don't know that I would buy and extre vehicle just to do driveways. That seems like good money for the ones you mentioned.

8. mmtwin

mmtwin Member

the money is definetly there. it is around $900 per route payup payup payup
    just wanted info from people who drive the smaller vehicles.

9. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

jeep fan

I see people plow with the big truck and the 8ft plow. I do not know how they do the usuall driveway . some of my drives are barely a car width. I have a meyer 6.5 one pass up one back and I can do side pushes to get close the garage. add a back plow it is looking good. but it can't parking lots for sh!!!t. a jeep is a great addition to a fleet.