1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driveway 0 Shoes 1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DareDog, Dec 29, 2011.

1. DareDog

DareDog PlowSite.com Addict

put shoes on the newer plow in the fall, had 4" of snow so went out last night and plowed the driveway. yep dug a big hole with it. so took them off.
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

yeah, they're about useless.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  3. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I've seen posts on here where guys have taken metal pipe and cut a slot in them in order to slide over the cutting edge. From what I can tell, it works pretty good, just a matter of taking them on and off when needed.

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Take them off find a set of good casters bolt them on and buy a furniture dolly to put under the jack and now you have a cart to move it around the garage.
  5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I put a pipe on my plow a couple weekends ago. Plowed once with it so far. It makes a huge difference!
  6. DareDog

wow is the plow newer plow brighter now (the back side is all yellow with little rust) compared to the older blade that was all rust on the back. thinking of paint back side black this summer.
  7. RepoMan207

from Maine

8. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

My cat's name is Mittens
  9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Now that's funny!
  10. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

X2..... :laughing:
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  11. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

lol i never plow with shoes...never happened to me! Gotta suck!
  12. DareDog

13. vtjeeper

vtjeeper Junior Member
    from vermont

I put a pipe on mine this fall and am pretty happy with it. it's not a magical fixall that will keep you from scraping soft gravel or sod. but it's pretty good. now the ground is relatively frozen I plowed a fair amount of space into my yard and it worked sweet. still gotta be a little careful and take the weight off the first plow or two on soft ground.

oh, and I didn't slit the pipe, I thought it would be easier to weld pieces and bolt it on. once I was finished I wasn't so sure it was easier. might have taken less time and effort in the long run to just suck it up and spend some time with the grinder and cut off wheel.

I put the plates on the bottom in hopes of increasing the life of the bottom of the pipe. I haven't looked to see if it's wearing or not but it doesn't sound like it's going to wear down real quick. I just plow my drive and 3 others, on and including our 1/4 mile private dirt road.

14. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

I dont understand what the hell is the point of the pipe? just freaking drop the plow and go! ive never had any problems
  15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Dog,you plowing the lot or the lawn for them?
  16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

The back of your plow being yellow wouldn't be such a big deal if you turned the truck headlights off......
  17. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Its Called Feel. Its not hard to do. Drop the plow, hit up once or twice to take the slack out of the chain, drive slow till you figure out what you can get away with, you should be able to leave about a 1/4". the guys who put crap on the bottom of the plows are wasting time, just get some seat time, dont need to go 50 mph.
  18. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

HAHA cracked me up!!
  19. DareDog

its the driveway to my house, not sure how to turn them off as its day time running lights are on all the time now.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

You silly noobs with your plow shoes and pipes on the cutting edges.