1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

driveshafts??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by leeddog65, Nov 6, 2007.

1. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Hey guys, my s10 is in need of new driveshafts.

Mine are kind of rotted, Im thinking about starting with a different set altogether. Is there a junk yard in the chicagoland area that specializes in the s-a0's?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Just go right to autozone or any place that sells that stuff and buy it there. They are warrentied. JMO but i wouldn't buy something like that from a junkyard.

3. elshauno

elshauno Member

go to rockauto.com its usually cheaper than autozone and the parts are delivered to your door

4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Try a truck part dealers. They can retube your shafts. The big cost is the ends which you still have.They charge you by the foot. It should be cheaper then buying new.

5. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

Thanks fellas,

went to a drivetrain place..$600 later, I have no more wobble....lol

6. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

D'ooh, I didn't finish reading the thread before I posted my reply....well for future reference...

Since you are in the NW suburbs check out what these guys can do for you. I use them for u-joints and shafts. They can make you new ones or repair what you have. Good Guys. Lake Cook CV Joint, Wheeling Illinois.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Did you call and see what GM wanted for the shafts?
    Keep the TRUCK PART DEALERS in mind when you need to replace drive line parts. We have a few medium / heavy duty truck part dealers in this area. If you ever need suspension / drive line parts try them first before the Stealer-ship. Spicier and Dana are used in many trucks and they may carry the whole catalog listing. One dealer even had a Sherman Tank sitting out front. Too cool.