1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dakota2004, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

My buddy just asked me to drive his truck this winter he's got three trucks that will be on the road him his partner and possibly me. He asked me what do I want an Hour and I am not sure what is a good number seeing that it is his truck his liability. I was thinking like 15-20. Is this to low or what, what do you guys pay your employees.
  2. Dakota2004

Dakota2004 Senior Member

Almost for got we are in New England, Connecticut serving Southbury to Chesire all commercial accounts.
  3. abronko

abronko Junior Member
    from CT

I'm down here in Naugatuck and we have three trucks running during a storm. We have our small dump plowing with the town and the two F-350 pickups plowing our residential and commercial accounts. We use our triaxle for snow removal for the town when they call. My drivers are between $12-15/hr. depending on experience. The more experience you have the better I pay you. If my guys are out longer than eight hrs I pay them time and a half. When needed, I have guys who shovel for $10/hr. Everyone is on an on call basis in the winter.
  4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

We pay drivers 25 PH on the books, 30-35 if they very expierienced or if they are an area or site supervisor. This is assuming it's our trucks and our fuel and insurance.
  5. Chieftkp

Chieftkp Junior Member

I will probably have to pay a guy to plow some residentials. He has experience, I am thinking $25/hr in my truck or $50 in his.
  6. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Im in CT. $25 with his truck...$50 with mine.
  7. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I think you got that backwards there 06. You pay someone $10 to shovel??? I pay my guys $20 an hour to plow with my truck, and they don't have to get out of the truck.

Just depends on your area I guess. :rolleyes:

Good luck to everyone this season, and lets all hope for record snows.

8. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

send some $10 per hour shovelers my way!!!!! they make more driving a pickup than they do working hard labor(shoveling)???
  9. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

ill be up to drive your truck...im parking mine
  10. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

driver my truck-$30.00.... also has my cc for fuel and food for him and laborer

shovelers $15-18

skid steer operator $25

their truck 65-75
  11. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I pay $15 to all my operators., unless they are a sub with thier own trucks then its $65 Hr