1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drivers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snoluvr, Sep 18, 2004.

1. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

Just wondering where you all of you find your plow drivers. Not like people are waiting in line to work part time, only when it snows, and in the middle of the night. I have friends that want to drive for me, but I hate to risk a friendship with a business like plowing. Still looking for another truck, but wont commit till I find a reliable driver.thanks

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Do you know anyone working seasonal construction? Maybe put an ad up at a paving company or concrete plant. You'd be getting professsional drivers that way, at least.

3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I hire full time firemen. They work 24hr shifts and are on call for me on one of their 2 days off...

4. sglaine

sglaine Junior Member

I agree it is hard to get good help that won't smash up the equipment and property. This is why I am going to keep me and one other man.
    I find that getting good help is not as easy as the old days.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  5. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Firemen seem to work out pretty well. Has anyone ever tried a school bus driver?? :confused:

6. richardlewis

richardlewis Member

where are you located

7. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

My uncle works for a paving contractor and drives a 10 wheeler and has a CDL. Local plow contractors here go to these companies and hire the guys who want to work during the winter.

The down side is many get unemployment for the winter and want to be paid "off the books". Get caught and its a felony...............

8. m&m owner

m&m owner Member
    from MN

sometimes farmers and new constuction workers that don't have enough time in for unemployment are willing to work those hours. I hired a young farmer last year that is very good with the Bobcat. Good luck