1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drivers side window shreeks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by kemmer, Jan 14, 2006.

1. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

when i put the windows up the start to shreek and it is pretty load, when when i go to put them down it happens too. but it doesnt happen all the time, is there an easy fix?

2. trinitygrove

trinitygrove Member

mine does the same thing, can get rather annoying, doesnt bother me anymore though. Just crank the radio whenever you need to open/close the window.

3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Solved my problem by spraying silicone in the side chanels.

4. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

do i have to take the door panel off?

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Not at all. Roll the window completely down & spray the chanels on each side. Work the window up and down several times. May need to spray again.
    It may seem a little messy with the residue on the glass but its cleanable. What happens is its rubber against rubber and its probably chattering/squeaking as it travels up/down. Silicon spray will dry and will provide lubricant on the rubber. I also use it on the weather stripping as well.

6. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

ok thanks alot, ill try it

7. ICindrich

ICindrich Senior Member

Make sure you clean all the dust and other garbage out of both sides of the channel

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

on my 03 it does it sometimes on the pass side and it started wearing down the tint. i looked at it in sometimes the weather tight strip gets folded down and rubs when you roll the window up

9. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

now when you say the cahnnel, you mean the rubber door sill around the window?

10. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Yes, Its where the edges of the window assembly meet both tracks in the door. Its probably chattering when you hear the noise?

11. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I did what Stan said and it worked fine. It happened months later and I ran out of silicone so I tried Fluidfilm and so far, so good.

12. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

My 97 started doing this and while I haven't attempted a remedy yet I have located the sound specifically to the rear channel. it is not the felt/rubber on the bottom that sweeps the window, it is the part that is behind the glass on the back edge of the glass.

13. kemmer

kemmer Senior Member
    from NJ

its all fixed, just sprayed some fluid film and i fixed it

thanks