1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drivers side mirror needed

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by wirenut, Mar 3, 2009.

1. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

hi all
    well i smashed my drivers side power folding,heated with directional today...:realmad:
    anyone have one kickin around... 04 z71

thanks

2. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

'04 silverado mirror

wirenut, I posted a reply in commercial snow removal.

3. xbl003x

xbl003x Member
    from PA

4. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

'04 silverado mirror

I answered your message. I think? if you didn't get it let me know.

5. Firemanfive0

Firemanfive0 Member
    from Midwest

'04 silverado mirror

you asked about the mirror having a signal; my guess is that it is a deluxe mirror with power, signal, defrost and such. If that is the case then the door panel has to come off so you can plug the mirror into the controls. the small triangle on the inside of the door is the first to come off then the door panel. there are three small bolts that need to come out to lift the panel off. the first is on the bottom of the door and it holds the tray that is a "catch all" in the door panel. take that bolt out and lift the tray out. the second is near the hold that you pull the door shut with. the third is behind the slider door lock(it's orange and black). pop the slider thing out and there should be another bolt in this area. take it out. There is an other plastic piece at the door handle(what you use to open the door) that needs to be popped out. once this is removed the door panel should lift up with a little coaxing. under the area that has the window and mirror controls is where the mirror plugs in. Follow the wires from the broken mirror and then unplug them(pay attention where the blue plug goes and the black plug goes. Take the old mirror off(10mm socket). Put the new mirror on and then follow your steps backwards. I did this by myself but would have been easier with another set of hands. Hit me back if you need more help. If you look on Ebay there are some good deals and there are some that are trying to get rich. I have seen these mirrors go from $127 to $350. If your patient you can get a good deal.

6. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

thank you for the info
    and so quick...
    seeing a lot of after market
    but i'm not sure about the quality

7. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

has anyone used an after market heated,power folding with blinker mirror?
    is the quality there ? not that gm is quality...

thanks