1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drivers pay

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by payton, Mar 2, 2007.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

what kind of pay do you pay drivers of your trucks? i recently purchased another truck and looking at 2 more that i should know about tomorrow. i know its late in the season to put the trucks to work this year but theres next year the main reason i picked the trucks up.

no i just gotta find drivers for the trucks so what kinda pay do you offer your drivers..

im assuming you pay fuel and all expenses..

payton

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

My Dad pays his guys about $25/hour in his trucks.

3. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

I pay my guy that is not a regular employee $35 hr. I never have to guess if he is going to show up. In most cases he is the first to show up at the shop.

4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

$25/ hour in one of my trucks

5. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

6. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

$12.00 - $17.00 per hr

7. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

i get $18 an hour i have been plowing since i was 16 the guys with more experience can earn up to $25 an hour

8. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I pay mine 25 an hour and shovelers 10 or 12

9. dodgeguy99

dodgeguy99 Senior Member
    from mn

our shovelers make $15 an hour

10. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Have paid 25/hr but have had trouble finding good people who are willing to work. Guys elsewhere finding that situation too? Thought maybe I was low, seeing as the hourly income is about $140 for my truck.

11. LHK2

LHK2 Senior Member

We pay guys in our trucks any where from $15 to $20 per hr, after that it's better to sub a guy which we pay from $35 to $55 hr. Our shovelers get $15-$18 hr.

12. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

My contractor pays me $30 an hour.

13. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Wow,

Wow in 2000-2001 I was paying $20 per hour for my wheeler and triaxle and I was one of the highest payers in the area......
    I would have parked my trucks and drove someone elses for $30 per hour.
    Anyone in Conway NH area looking for a operator with some experience?payup

14. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I get $25 an hour plowing for my family business and contract out for $50 an hour. I use my own truck and plow. I am reimbursed for gas.

15. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Is that driving his truck or with yours?

16. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

The company that I work for drivers get 24 an hour, time and a half after 8 hours, our shovlers get 19 an hour, and time an a half after 8 hours. I get 28 an hour time and a half after 8 hour, because I drive the tool truck and when something breaks I got to go and fix it. We plow anything that is with Cambridge Health alliance, hostpitals and clinics and what not.:drinkup: :drinkup:

17. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Its a different world up here I guess.

Wow, so different and only 2 hours away.
    The companies up here are paying their drivers $8-$12 for pickups and one tons,$10-$15 for wheelers and triaxles for drivers.
    I haven't heard of anyone up here paying anymore than that.And only 2.5 hours from Boston,go figure.

18. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Sharp is this a full time job also? I ask due to the time and half part that you mentioned. Also those rates are similar to Teamster wages for regular work.

19. Sharpshooter77

Sharpshooter77 Senior Member

JD Plower- I work at Gold Star Trucking. We have been doing snow work for the past 12 years at the Somerville and Cambridge hospitals. We are not in the Union. When every I snows I get called out and for little stuff remember the Snow to Rain we had last week I got 6 hours in put down salt and sand and watching it wash away :rolleyes:. Its not a bad job either. I am a supervisor when we do snow work so I drive around plow what needs to be plowed and check up on the guys.:cool:

20. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Isn't Gold Star a moving company or is that another one I'm thinking of ?

Congrats on those rates. I know many triaxle and ten wheeler drivers not making that cake ;)