1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Driver side door - Nothing works

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by xjoedirt55x, Feb 2, 2014.

1. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD

Just today everything in my driver side door stopped working. Mirror, locks, windows..... everything..... grrrrrrr.

I pulled the controls out of the door, and all wiring is plugged in just fine. Any help would be awesome.

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Wires are broken in the rubber boot in the door jamb.

3. xjoedirt55x

I will try and take a look into that but that honestly seems a little odd that it would be the problem if all the wires suddenly broke..... unless it is something that does happen.... Or maybe is there one common ground wire that goes through the rubber boot that may have broke? Not saying it isn't possible, just seems odd that all of them would break at the same time.

4. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

One common power wire. On some. Not sure on your year truck. But I have fixed it on others.

5. xjoedirt55x

I appreciate the input. I will tear into it when I have some daylight to do so. Hopefully that rubber boot comes off easy and doesn't tear on me. :mechanic:

Thanks again!

6. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Rubber comes out easy enough... Here's a couple pics I took when I was installing power windows in my truck 04 Sierra 2500HD. There are to pressure tabs on each end. I pulled the door panel right off as well as the plastic trim on the inside of the truck so access to the tabs was easier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]