1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drive-way plowing

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Tim C, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Tim C

Tim C Member

I am going to be plowing this season for the first time. I roto-till gardens in the Spring. There are meany customers asking me if I Snowplow. Well here is the Question ? I'm looking at two trucks--First one Ford Bronco Xlt 1994 116364mi. 302-5.0 engine.Diamond 7.5ft plow body is mint. 8995 asking.
    Second truck Ford F-250 heavy duty 1997, 73000mi.,351-5.8 engine. 8' Fisher with minute mount.12995 asking.

I am mainly doing drive-ways. hope to get some good feed back.
    thanks Tim C
  2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Get the pick up it is worth the extra money.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I agree with Geoff. Get the pick up you can make more money with that than the bronco especially in the summer time mulching ,doing your roto tilling or just hauling stuff to the junk yard.:)
  4. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm guessing you already have a truck, but getting the pickup will benefit you both from the snowplowing angle as well as backup for your other truck during the rototilling season.

Just my $.02 worth!
  5. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

You can also throw a couple of snow blowers in the back of the truck for sidewalks and tight spots!
  6. Tim C

Tim C Member

thank you all for your comments, I hope to make a deal real soon.;) ;)
  7. FYI... I just sold a 97 f250 HD, with the 351 / auto and 4.10 gears. Maybe it doesn't matter to you but fuel economy on these trucks is notoriously bad. I got 9city, 10 hwy. That is empty, never hauled anything with it.. Just tuned up. Ford dealer says its very common... a good truck though! Bob
  8. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Guest

Are both of the vehices 4 wheel drive?? They probably are so I would go with the 250 no matter what cause it has a lot less miles on it and you can uses it for a lot of other stuff to like the guys posted earlier..