1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drive Way Markers Special

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by J-Thomas, Oct 18, 2011.

1. J-Thomas

J-Thomas Sponsor

Hi,

I wanted to take the time to introduce myself. My name is Andrew and I represent J-Thomas on PlowSite. If you need anything related to J-Thomas, I will take care of you.

Since I'm new, I wanted to introduce myself with a great special. A lot of us on this forum use driveway markers. Order 100 or more of the part "STAKE1" and receive them for $0.25 each

The part: http://goo.gl/BlxSJ

You have to order between 10/18 and 10/21. Phone order only 1-800-828-7980.

I'm also listening to our customers and reading plowsite threads as well. I'm here to make your experience ordering parts better and easy. Anything I can do, please let me know.

Thanks and I look forward to interacting with you on Plow Site,

Andrew.

2. J-Thomas

J-Thomas Sponsor

These Drive Way Markers are 26" in length and 3/8" in diameter.

3. J-Thomas

J-Thomas Sponsor

One more thing, if you like our Facebook and share any wall post you can receive a 10 dollar credit.

So you can even save more money!!

Step 1. Like our Facebook Page: http://goo.gl/PRD7X
    Step 2: Share any J-Thomas status update by clicking "Share" next to the like and comment links.
    Step 3: Comment with your customer number or email address to have the credit applied!

4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Do they have to be that color?
    and is that for pickup only

5. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Hey Andrew, could you please have Jon call me about the SnowX drop spreaders. He has my cell and office number...

If you happen to be Jon's boss I want to tell you what a great guy and help he has been to us over the years! :drinkup:

Jim

6. J-Thomas

J-Thomas Sponsor

Unfortunately they only come in orange.

This special includes shipping orders!! We ship all over.

Thanks for your reply,

Andrew

7. J-Thomas

J-Thomas Sponsor

I'm not his boss, however, I definitely CAN pass the word on! I will let him to call you and everyone on the great job he's done! :drinkup:

Cheers!
    Andrew

8. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

26" in length??? After driving them in the ground, they would be buried after the first snow storm. :dizzy:

9. Plow man Foster

I dont know about you but I teach my guys to plow BETWEEN the stakes... Also after a couple pushes, yeah they get covered but by then we have already established the curb line since the pile is there. Then you plow between the windrow of snow!

With most drives being straight forward its really not a bad deal.

10. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Good price but to short

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Thats not a bad deal. 26 inches or 36 inches? i see nothing on jthomas about a 26 inch stake. smallest i see on there is a 36 inch

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  12. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

size is 26" post # 2

13. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Right i was just making sure he didn't make a mistake.

14. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

They are in fact 26", they're just little guys. We use them for our apartments in the areas where we don't pile a lot of snow as well as for sidewalks, they work great! However, the 36" ones are what we primarily use for parking lots and driveways.

Which leads me to my question Andrew, will you be having any specials this year on the 36" stakes? I thought I remembered seeing them for .69 last year, but this year they're .94 on your website.

Always a pleasure doing business with J Thomas, they've taken good care of me in the past. Thumbs Up

15. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Absolutely but we all know it's not that simple. Many stakes are used to mark low lying obstacles that you want to always know where they are, so when you need to push banks back, you don't hit those obstacles. If you bury the stakes on the first plowing, they really are not doing much good. If you're just marking pavement/grass edges, then yeah, I could see using the shorter ones.

Either way, these are a good deal for what you're getting. Thanks to the sponsor!!

16. J-Thomas

J-Thomas Sponsor

Thanks for all the kind words!

These are indeed 26". They are the little guys :) Sorry for the lack of data on the website. I'm WORKING on it!!! I want to make the website better and faster for you. Any feedback you want to share would be great!

Second question was if we will have any specials on 36" stakes. If it's something you would like to see, I'll try my best to work on it. Can't make any promises.

Thanks! Yes, we are a proud sponsor of LawnSite and PlowSite. We want to give you great deals. Has everyone liked us on Facebook? We're going to start having more and more specials.

17. Greenery

Greenery 2000 Club Member

I would also like to see a special on the 36" stakes as I have no use for a 26" stake. The sooner the better as I'm sure menards will have their 48" ones on sale shortly at .99 cents and at that point I'll just be buying those.

18. J-Thomas

J-Thomas Sponsor

I come bearing good news! If you are more interested in 36" markers, I can have Wally call you personally and give you the best deal that we can!

If you want to PM me your number, I can have him contact you!

19. Plow man Foster

Damn....just ordered the shorties... Lol
    Supposedly they will be here by the end of the day!

20. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

I use the 48 inch stakes. I like the 48's because when and if they break I can just stick them back in the ground and there still useable for the rest of the season. I have been a happy
    J-thomas customer since 2002. Kind of dissapointed they moved to Novi though... Thumbs Up