1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drive Time

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sailscall01, Jan 4, 2010.

1. sailscall01

sailscall01 Member

I am wondering how some of you guys get paid or pay. This last storm we had here I was out for a total of 22 hrs. and I'm only getting paid for 19 hrs. The guy who I plow for only pays me for when I hit the site til when I get done each site. It doesn't matter if one account is far north and the other is way south... He also has an estimated time of how long the site should take to plow. :dizzy::laughing:. The question is for the guys who sub out, do you pay your guys from the time they hit their first site until they get done plowing all the sites they are responsible for.. I have a few accounts and fill in to help other trucks that are behind. I'm a team player but this is crazy.. I mentioned drive time to his partner and they laughed at me..:laughing: Show me the money payup.
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

once i show up for my first account til i leave from my last account i am getting paid....i sub
  3. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

As a rule I only get paid at accounts, but the company I work for is good about Helping out if I drive a long ways for a small job. Being out for 22 and getting paid for 19 does not seem bad at all to me.
  4. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

i dont get paid for drive time, that usualy only works if your not subbing.. USUALY!!
  5. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

My subs only get paid for actual plow time. Drive time should be regarded as an overhead cost and should be accounted for accordingly in the price that you are either being payed or charging.
  6. fairrpe86

fairrpe86 Senior Member

As employees we get paid from punch in until punch out where I work. As far as snow goes, we bill drive time one way and typically take our plow rigs home the night before a storm, or the day of depending on how it hits. Well we can start logging on our snow log from the time we leave our residence en-route for our first property until the time we leave our last property.
  7. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

as a sub i get paid from the time i leave my house untill i leave my last account. But i live pretty close to all of our accounts so i don't normally have to travel to far. Once i get done with my normal area I move on to some of his accounts that are farther away and i don't count the drive time since i consider the extra plow accounts as a bonus. He doesn't really check up on me so whatever hours i tell him is what he pays me for, but he knows I won't jack him. if anything i cut myself out of an hour or two but he takes very good care of me.