1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drive terrain lever shaking...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PremierLand, Jun 25, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

This is really hard to explain, but theres something im concerned about with my truck. Maybe its normal and never noticed it, maybe its not. Im hoping to find out.

now the truck is a 01 2500hd with 41k miles. the lever to shift from 4wd to 2wd sometimes bounces or shakes, what ever you wanna call it, but it moves. It doesnt move enough to throw it into 4wd but it moves with driving, espissally when hitting bumps or going up/down hills with some bumps. I wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with the transfer case so I enguaged 4wd, I heard it enguage, I didnt go forward though, I just wanted to make sure I could hear it enguage and wasnt malfunctioning...

anyway is this normal? or do all I need is to get under the truck and tighten up a bolt that goes from the lever to the transfercase?

thanks guys

2. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

The only time I have seen the Transfer Case Lever move around is when one of the motor mounts or the transmission mount is bad. Slight side to side movement is normal from engine torque.

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Mine in my Jeep moves around a bit. Doesn't hurt to get it checked out tho!

4. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Check your transmission mount Mark.