1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drive shaft

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by cet, Feb 28, 2007.

1. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 2004 Chev 3500 Crew Cab with the Duramax/Allison combo. Should I be able to move my drive shaft by hand with the truck off and in Park?

Thanks.

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Im guessing thats prolly not a good thing. I dont remember being able to move mine on my truck.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

cet, could you give us a little more detail's? When you say move, in which direction does it move,up and down,or are you twisting it? And where is the movmen? At the tranny, at the carrier assembly or at the rear?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2007
  4. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

front driveshaft? If so yes,unless you're in 4x4

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

B&B I have everything fixed. Actually nothing is broken. The movement I was refering to was rotating the drive shaft. For what it is worth you should be able to rotate(twist) your drive shaft a little bit if you put your truck in neutral and use the parking brake and then put it in park. I was refering to the rear drive shaft. I am refering to a rotation of only 1/2" nothing major.

They removed the drive shaft and checked all universals with no repairs needed. I plowed with it yesterday for 10 hours without a problem. I have no idea what happened but they are guessing computer glitch.

Thanks.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Problem fixed, the famous NSBU switch.