1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drive markers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by chesterlawn, Nov 28, 2005.

1. chesterlawn

chesterlawn Member

where can i get cheap driveway markers?

2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

www.angelos-supplies.com

$0.45 a piece if you buy 100 or more. 48" long bright orange 1/4" fiber glass rods.

I only wish they had some kind of refletive tape on them.

3. lorentzlawnsnow

lorentzlawnsnow Senior Member

i bought these and they're great! i then went to ebay and bought 2 30' rolls of silver reflective tape for $20. really helps them stand out with a wrap somewhere about 2-3 inches from the top.

4. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

Go to home depot, they sell bundles of about ~50 4ft tall stakes. They're cheap and low quality at $6.99 a bundle, you can't beat the price. I bought a can of orange spray paint and painted the top 6 inches. Worked great, was economical and any of those nicer stakes seem to get legs come spring and disappear.

5. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

use flags

I go the cheap route and use flags. Just the regular old fashioned utility flags. They're not quite as nice, but you can get 1000 of them for about $40. when the first few snows come down you can see them just as well. After a few plows, you've built up snow banks on the sides of the driveways, and no longer need the flags (which sometimes get burried).

I use them becuase they're inexpensive, I don't have to collect them at the end of the year, and if someone yanks them out, they're cheap enough that I don't care.

I would use the nicer stakes for commrecial properties....but for residential, the flags are just fine.

6. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

For driveways I tryed using the wood last year and find it not worth saving 100 bucks using them when you back down the side and scatch up the truck. Fiberglass ones from Home Depot are 2.00 bucks each are better for me when I'm tired and plowing in a hurry. I'm not saying I will hit them but if I do, it's going to be more than 100 bucks to have the scrape taken out of my rear quarter panel.

I use wood at the ends still and fiberglass were I may hit them.

OK I admit it,I hit a few in the past but it's not worth it this year with new truck.. LOL

7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

I always thought that if you're the one putting them in, set them out about a foot, and you always know that they are about a foot in. Use that as you're guide.

8. Plow King

Plow King Senior Member

My trucks both have over 100k miles on them, I laugh as I hit those wood stakes :D

9. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

What plow king said. They are called "lath"