1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drive-In Mount System?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 68dodgeramman, Jan 28, 2007.

1. 68dodgeramman

68dodgeramman Junior Member

Does anybody have info and/or pics of Sno-Way's plow mount system? Some of the other manufacturers have detailed video and pics of their mount set up. But I couldn't find anything other than Sno-Way's discription of "a variable height drive-in mount system for easy-on and -off and blade trip return Shock Killer™ system." Not very discriptive. How quick and easy is it to mount your Sno-Way plows? I really like the Blizzard's mounting system but I like the Sno-Way plow better, which is the plow I'll be buying, but I'd still like to know how their plows hitch up. Thanks in advance.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Go to the snoway web site video and good pic's.

3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I would bet the farm on it that I can have my sno way hooked up to my truck in under 90 seconds.Thats how good it is.xysport

RCGM
    Brad

4. 68dodgeramman

Thanks for the replies guys. I did see the video on their site. Do they offer it on the 26 Series? I want to mount it on my '04 Ram 1500 QuadCab and I'm not sure that it would be such a great idea to mount the 29 Series on her. I mean that's 473lbs. compared to 601lbs. that's a 128lbs. difference. I think that's quite a bit of extra weight especially for the front end. Anyway I guess what I was asking is this. lol : Does Sno-Way offer the hydraulic assist mount(variable height drive-in mount system) on their 26 Series Plow?

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

On all their plows.

6. 68dodgeramman

Yeah, I see it now basher, thanks.

7. 68dodgeramman

I likes the sound of that!

8. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

The video on our website of the drive-in mounting system is slightly out of date. You will notice the installer inserting (2) loose pins, one on each side. These have been replaced with permanently affixed spring release pins.

Please advise if you have additional questions regarding our mounting system.

9. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

I just bought a 26 series for my dakota if you want pics of the plow i can post em or e-mail them.Very easy to hook up.Go with the wireless also.Very handy.

10. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Stangman35,

Thank you for your purchase. We appreciate your business!!

We would love to see photographs of your new Sno-Way Plow mounted on the Dakota.

11. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Here are some pics 26 series

108-0884_IMG.JPG

108-0885_IMG.JPG

108-0887_IMG.JPG

108-0889_IMG.JPG

108-0895_IMG.JPG

12. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Good looking rig. Hope it's a money maker!!!payup

13. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

So far pretty good,looks like we might get another big one here in Indiana on monday or tuesday payup

14. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

Nice looking setup, thanks for sharing it!

I did notice one thing that you will want to look at. It appears that the protective webbing around the power chord is frayed. I would hook the plow up and run it through a few cycles (up-down-left-right) to see if the power chord is rubbing on something.

Who did you purchase the plow from?

15. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

the protective webbing got messed up first night out,someone helping me install the plow didnt get the plug secured and was loose when I got ready to use it.Didnt hurt the wires or the plug though still works fine.

I bought it from Trailers Galore ,Danville Indiana

I think im gonna upgrade to a 7.5 blade if they ever get any more in,6.8 is almost to short for my truck at full angle.