1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drilling new hole for A-frame

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by martyman, Dec 12, 2007.

1. martyman

martyman Senior Member

I have a small Meyers plow that is flopping up and down because the main bolt for the A-frame is ovaling. I've tried two different 3/4 drill bits but they won't drill into the hole that is already there...I only need to drill it out a 1/16th ...Is it ok for my plow to be a little bit sloppy or should I keep trying to figure out how to get a proper bolt in thier?

2. rocknrollrednec

rocknrollrednec Senior Member

The front pivot bolt, right? some slop is fine. unless you're plowing on perfectly flat ground all the time, they're going to loosen up. but on ones that are super sloppy, I've used adjustable reamers to bring that hole out to 3/4". or in cases where I didn't have a reamer, I've welded the hole shut, grind it all flush, then redrill to the original 5/8.

3. martyman

martyman Senior Member

thanks Rockandroll :nod: I will try the welding idea...