Snow Plowing Forum banner

DRIFTING and 2 passes

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  SnowMatt13 
#1 ·
im in NJ and we are getting buried, forecast now is for 18 inches plus.... i just dont know if its worth going out and doing two passes cuz its drifting so much and might just infill, the winds are 20-40 mph with gusts to 50....

good luck to all, this is the son of the mother of all storms we had in 96

#2 ·
This might be the mother that stoped here!

It is hard to get an accurate measurement, but we have probably 3 to 4 ft. drifts around here. I was out plowing all day and night. Got home to go to bed around midnight and got up around 4am to start again. Had to run home to get some food. There is absolutely nothing open around here. Have not even found a convenience store open. Try and check in with an update later tonight. Some of my accounts I am going to have to have the snow trucked out because I just don't have anywhere to put it.
Bad storm!
Happy Plowing!
Jeff
Atco, NJ (South Jersey)

#3 ·
wow !!!!! watchin good morning america. east coast is gettin hammmered fer sure. new york city is quiet charlie and diane standin outside studio and about the only people out there. see only people on here is where there aint no snow. talkin 40 deg. weather here in mich this week. butttt maybe more commin this weekend.

you guys and dolls be safe out there fightin the storm. wanta see you back here in one piece.

:drinkup:

#6 ·
Isn't it great, when the east coast gets 20" it's headline news, when it falls anywhere else it's like who cares. I remember many storms over 20" where there was barely a mention of it on national news.

#7 ·
It's headline news because it's hitting the major cities who rarely see this amount of snow,some of these cities are poorly equiped to handle this much snow,thus the reasoning for headline news!My area is supposed to get knocked on it's azz and i haven't heard a thing on the weather channel yet:rolleyes: They are busy watching the capitol dig out.

#9 ·
You guys are plowing . . . . and I'm pruning . . . bah . . . . OK I'll say it . . . for those who are pruning . . . don't pinch your fingers in the loppers:) . Be careful out there plow guys and gals. I was watching the news and saw NYC looks ugly. Also saw what looked like an older brown/black Chev and wondered is that a friend from Plowsite? Like to think it was.

#10 ·
What I liked about NYC was that they were saying that every inch of snow costs them over $1m. Now they're talking tax hikes and budget cuts to pay for it. Any excuse by a politician to get your money. Did they think that NY wouldn't get any snow this year when they made the buget? This is just ridiculous!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.