1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drift question

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by clncut, Jan 23, 2007.

1. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 05 760 hd and Ive noticed when the plow is hooked up after sitting for some time the plow will slowly lower itself. After about 10-15 min of continuously raising the plow back up the drifting stops. Now if I go to use the plow again, say the next day, their is no problems. I took it in to the dealer last year, he tore it appart thinking it was a valve but could find no problems. Again, this drifting only happens for approx. 10-15 min. after the plow sits unhooked for a period of a couple days to weeks.

Any suggestions?

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

John, you need to try a couple of things.

First, turn the control off when you raise the plow up after hooking it up and you are seeing the drift. If it stops then it's a control / diode / plug problem.

Second, raise the plow all the way up and dead head it for 3 or 4 seconds. See if it holds in the up position. If this works then it's a bad seal in the lift cyl. Operation of 10-15 min will cause the seal to " reset" and seal while you keep using it and then it will " relax" itself when it sits for a while.

PM or email me for more suggestions or if you have questions.

3. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

Thank you for the reply. I will try your suggestions tomorrow and let you know what happens. Hopefully its something minor. Its just strange how it only drifts after sitting in the garage for more than a couple of days. Hook it up and after about 10 min or so, no probs. I can not use the plow for hours till time to go out again and have no problems. Hmm. Ill let you know what happens.