1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drift down

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by aus316, Nov 15, 2008.

1. aus316

aus316 Member

:gunsfiring: Hello every one i need a few other suggestions for my e-47 that slowly bleeds down i folled several different flow charts and first replace the a-valve seals/then when still bleed down i replace the valve itself it is a slow bleeding process pump has been drained and refilled and is stored inside in its off season i thank you all in advance for any ideas or suggestions :gunsfiring: (LET IT SNOW ALL NIGHT LONG):gunsfiring:
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

have you ever rebuilt the pump ,sound's like the ram packing cup is worn out !
  3. aus316

aus316 Member

:gunsfiring: not for the three years i have owned it/will look into it when get some down time thanks!!:gunsfiring:
  4. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like the seals are tired on the lift cyclinder. Might try searching the question on this forum. I remember seeing someone say there is a trick to getting the O ring seal out and replaced. Replace all the seals, if not, each time it moves it will get a tiny bit of water each time it moves. E- 47's are good pump's I have run one for 7 years without a problem!
  5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Make sure your ram is not all rusty and pitted. If it is, replace it while your rebuilding it.