1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dressing up the 2011

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Banksy, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I've already decided on a couple things so far.

- big truck mud flaps already on the rear wheels
    - getting DeeZee diamond plate running boards for cab
    - lights for running boards

Considering:

- lighted bumper poles (anybody know where to find them?)
    - pin striping (custom painted)

I'm trying to dress it up like a lot of Massachusetts/New England trucks and give it that classy kind of old school look. You Mass guys know what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Here's my 2011.

[​IMG]

Here's my dads 2009 F250. I like this kind of pin striping.

[​IMG]

3. mustangman02232

mustangman02232 Senior Member

really dont care for the rookie poles on the corner., I would tint the windows, maybe an XLT grill, and a cab visor with the marker lights built in.

how are you liking the 6.2? Im planning on getting one in a few months, job I am on now for about 4-5 months has free diesel fuel so no point in trading it in now

4. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Love it so far. Only put 300 miles on it though. MPG seems to be around 12-13 city and highway combined. The 6 speed auto is nice. Engine spins at 2k rpm at about 70-75 mph.

5. Squires

Squires Senior Member

6. BrittAWL

BrittAWL Junior Member

I personally think tinted windows make all the difference in the world! 35% is the mass limit I believe.

Pin striping would also set the truck off quite nicely. It is tough to find a good shop now though, a lot of the shops today want to only do Vinyl pin striping

7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I painted the rims on my Ram black. Unless I find a second set of rims, I think I'll leave these stock color. What color is "gun metal?

Road armor bumpers are saaaaawwwweeeet!

Window tinting added to the list. Maybe I'll wait to get it striped until I make a trip back to Massachusetts and use the guy my dad did.

8. Squires

Squires Senior Member

9. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

watch your front mud flaps. i had med size flaps with chrome bottoms the flexing broke the bottom of my fender off at the factory screws. the fenders on the 11's are thin and cheap.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck. The bumper poles or " rookie sticks" can be picked up from aw direct.

11. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Thanks. The jury is still out on the rookie sticks. I do wan't DeeZee running boards though. I'll hang the front flaps off of those.

I made my own brackets for the rear mud flaps. They use two exisiting factory holes and go from the frame to the wheel well. They are full size flaps about two feet long. I cut around the springs and exhaust pipe. They look awesome and fill in the back nicely.

12. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Love the truck, Love the 6.2/6 speed as well. I used a Crew Cab F250 6.2 for a few weekends this summer and it towed very nicely.

13. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

any updates on how you like your truck? I am considering upgrading soon, and have one just like yours in mind

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I love it! 13-14 mpg average. I have only put 3600 miles on it since I bought it in July. I lined the bed and put on big rear mud flaps so far.

15. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Depending on where you are in Mass, there's a guy that goes by the name "Pillsbury". He does awesome pin striping and detail work. There's another guy I'd recommend out in the Brookfields...his name is Donny Horne....everyone knows his phone number 508-867-5309. Seriously...I could never forget it once he told me. Anyways...he's old school and does all freehand.

Also....just my opinion...rookie rods belong on TT units and on the ends of your plow.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Pillsbury is actually who striped my dads truck believe it or not, but I don't live in Mass. I'll be up this summer and may try to get some striping done then (if I don't find somebody here in NC)

I decided to go with a set of DeeZee running boards. Found them for $241 with free shipping.

http://www.deezee.com/products/85/N...oards_|_Steps/Brite-Tread_Running_Boards.html

17. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure you get Don (Pillsbury) himself and not his kid.

18. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Alrighty. Thanks for the tip.

19. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Installed the Dee Zee boards today and added small rubber flaps to them for wheel spray and rocks. Not sure if I want to add lights to them or not.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]