1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dresser 515 loader

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by exclusive, Feb 26, 2015.

1. exclusive

exclusive Member

Hi guys I'm looking in to a loader its a 1987 dresser 515 I would like to know a little bit more about it from guys that have them. Are they good how much hp does it have what size pusher can I use any input will help thanks alot

2. excav8ter

excav8ter Senior Member

No experience with them .... always thought they looked cool. Until i ran a Hough, front ride loader...VERY goofy if you're used to a traditional, rear-ride loader.

3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I was going to say the same thing we had a Hough H 60 and being an old unit but same size as the 515 you have to like sitting in the front of articulation that being said it was good at moving dirt I know a few people who had the internationals and they had no problems.

4. blaster

blaster Junior Member

We have a 1996 515CH. Bit heaver than the 515. Run a 12' pusher 120 hp. Would like to find another one have not run out of power. 2nd gear is about 8 mph.

5. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

My next purchase will be a 515b or 515c. They are priced very reasonable and are not bad to get parts for. I plan to take the 12ft box off of my 721c and put it on the 515..

6. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

Would that be able to push a 14 foot box? We have a 90 HP skid pushing a 12 foot Avalanche box with basically no problem.
    Steve

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure if the Dresser will be the same but, I know the W series Case loaders (cab on the front part like a Dresser) will give you a thrashing. Having the cab on the back is the way to go.

8. blaster

blaster Junior Member

I think most of the time it would push a 14' we also run a 580 sm case with a 12' pusher the dresser is much faster with a load