1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dream Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by zabMasonry, Jan 14, 2009.

1. zabMasonry

zabMasonry Senior Member
    from vt

First rule, no brand smashing. Just post what truck you would own if money were no object, and the truck never needed to pay for itself.

Personally i would like either a brand spanking new Sterling/Dodge 5500 with a 10' mason dump with a tailgate spreader and a blizzard 8611 or a new GM 3/4 ton reg cab. Duramax/allison, luxury package, with a blizzard/fisher/western 810.

-bbz

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

#1- why is this in the picture forum?
    #2- is the truck to work in or play in? for work ill take a F550 xlt dump, to play in ill take an International CXT

3. zabMasonry

zabMasonry Senior Member
    from vt

1# if you can find a picture of the truck you want, post it. forgot to put that in the original post.
    2# I was thinking more on the working side.

3# truck can be of any age

4. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I would like an 80's GM K30 solid axle truck, single rear wheels, reg cab and lets not forget RUST FREE!!! I would like the truck to have a superlift 3.5" HD lift kit, 33" tires, dual exhaust with headers, CD player and a CB.
    For a plow I would go with a Fisher 8'6" Straight blade, would like a Boss but the Fisher would be easy to modify for the lift.

Colour Blue, Red or Black would be fine, drivetrain 427ci,TH400,NP205.

Oh,and bucket seats, back rack with a diamond plated Delta toolbox.

Now try and kill that truck.:D

5. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I second the international CXT......they only thing that people who buy one probably don't realize is that it's rated to 25,995 GVWR, so when you hook up any trailer to it you're over the 26,000lbs for a CDL. If you don't have a CDL and you want to tow with it, which anyone who bought one should want to do, than you aren't legal....oh well it's still and awesome truck. Too bad International didn't have the sales for it and discontinued it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

More CXT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. snowman79

snowman79 Senior Member
    from MidWest

ive had the oppertunity to drive and ride in one of those CXTs they are pretty much the coolest thing ever!.

8. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Here's the truck of my dreams. 1936 Mack Dump Truck

fauzio_brothers_mack (Medium).jpg

9. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

10. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Not exactly. Only if the trailer is rated 10,001lbs or more. I have a GMC 6500 rated at 25950lbs and I tow my 9990# rated trailer without any issues. Here in CT anyway. Going to try and get my Class A CDL Next week.:help:

11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

f650 and it already has a plow on it :)
    [​IMG]

12. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Actually, if the combination of the GVWs of the Truck and Vehicle in tow are over 26000 you need a CDL. Or if the combined actual loaded weight of the truck and vehicle in tow are over 26,000 you need a CDL.

If the combined GVW of the Truck and Trailer is over 26,000 and the trailer is 10,000lbs GVW or under you need a class B CDL

If the combined GVW of the Truck and Trailer is over 26,000 and the trailer is 10,001lb GVW or more you need a class A CDL

I'm not sure if that is the CT standard or not, but it is in Maine which follows the nation wide standard.

13. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

I'd say a 2000-2005 ish Chevy 3/4 ton, extended cab, long bed, 4x4. Add on a 9'2" Boss XVT vee, a nice V-Box spreader, a 60" LED lightbar, dual bins, single ladder rack, 60" LED lightbar.

Plenty of truck for me to work, push snow, and haul my toys.

14. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

A 2009 Ford F 350 Super Duty Powerstroke with the 6 speed standard tranny, black with chrome, bitchin exhaust, big tires, nice rims, a 3 inch lift and every flashing light I could think of. Add a nice Stainless X-blade and a Stainless V-Box spreader and that thing would be HOT!

15. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

Just to add to my original post. I'd take it white, with some ghost tribal stripes. And a Duramax with bitchin' stacks just behind the cab would be SWEET

16. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

i dont remember the name but it was on top gear, basically a racetruck,i think its based on a rover?

oh and i like the new ford trophy truck coming out in 2010 raptor or something.or other.all in red.

id love the cxt or f650 but im not payin for fuel lol

17. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

That is the "grey area" I have spoke to DMV on multiple occations. Even after being pulled over. as long as the trailer is 10,000 or less you are OK

18. tuna

tuna Senior Member

That is the coolest F650 Pickup I have seen yet.

19. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

Why would you put a meyer on it? just having the pump on it kills the truck

20. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I had to go back and look at the Maine Commercial Drivers license manual....but you're right..I remembered it the other way..my fault...Check out page 8 of this manual, there is a easy flow chart that spells it all out. I would think CT has something like this on line as well.

http://www.maine.gov/sos/bmv/licenses/MaineCommercialManual.pdf