1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dream truck?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate plow, Nov 21, 2004.

1. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Hey guys...since there not much snow falling I though I would bring the topic up about what your dream rig would be? mine would have to be..........
    Ford f-350 black quad cab power stoke diesel
    Western pro plus with wings
    Western Pro flo 2
    Whelen edge strobe bar and hide aways all the way around

2. gmack616

gmack616 Member

isnt manueverability a slight issue with something as big as a ford 350? id be happy with a diesel 2500hd

3. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Chevy C5500 4x4, Fisher 9'6" EZ-V, Sidewing, Stellar Shuttle Hooklift with 10' flat, 5-6 yd dump, Fisher or Downeast V-box and large capcity body for lightweight materials.

And a Cat 906 mini wheel loader with a Blizzard 810ss or 8611.

4. cocco78

cocco78 Senior Member

a brand spanking new 1979 Ford F350 XLT, 460V8, C6 auto, D60's.... Well actually since I'm dreaming replace that 460 with a 5.9L Cummins turbo diesel....

5. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

A blue 92 1/2 ton chevy that has a 189,0000 mi with a 5.7. Now thats a truck :p purplebou

6. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

For dreamin i would start out with my first truck, '74 F-250 Hi-boy, d60's, a new baby stroke diesel with the zf 6 speed tranny, boss v-plow, side wing, v-box and of course custom shag carpeting :p

7. haligan125

haligan125 Member
    from Maine

International CXT 7300
    the International® DT 466 diesel engine with a horsepower rating of 220 hp and 540 lb.-ft. of torque capable of hauling or towing pretty much anything you can put into or behind it
    A smooth-shifting Allison® 2000 Series automatic transmission and standard cab air-suspension (with standard front air seats) provide an exceptionally comfortable ride.

www.navistar.com

8. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Fuso, Blizzard, Stellar shuttle rolloff w/2 yd sander

9. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Ford f550 with the combination stainless steel dump body/spreader from Tarrant Manufacturing, Fisher x blade,onspot automatic tire chains,all led lights.Thats about all for now :)

10. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

A brand new unimog U500.

11. Tim1075

Tim1075 Senior Member

2005 F-350 extended cab, short bed, 5.9L cummins (i wish), 6spd, 9'6" Fisher V. I wish i could replace my Powerstoke with a Cummins, but you can't beat the Ford

12. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

FUSCO with a 9ft fisher plow or a Ford F350 XLT extra cab with a 6.5 bed diesel and a 8ft fisher plow

13. intlco

intlco Senior Member

A New Unimog w/Mercedes Diesel, Dump Body, and Everest 10' blade.

14. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

see sig and avitar :cool:

15. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

The one I have now!! lol This is about as good as it gets unless you want to jump to a big dumptruck :nod:

16. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Dream Truck? They have not made one yet in recent times to suit my "needs" so to me all P/U trucks are a "compromise" and you try to pick the best one of them for your own needs.

17. dirtball

dirtball Junior Member

dream truck? Whatever the guy willing to go do all my plowing with his own equipment while I sit in front of a fire with my family waitng for him to bring me money would be driving (I have a feeling it would be red, with runners and have 8 R-D power). :p

18. RidgeCon

RidgeCon Senior Member

I am just happy to be able to afford the trucks we have. Dream trucks are the ones paid for, although nice 450's with v-plows and sanders aren't toooo bad :rolleyes:

19. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

Good point
    :)

20. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Ford F-550 Crew Cab with 4WD with Dana 135's at each end. 19" E rated rubber. Uprate the leaf springs on all four corners and the shocks with T-Rex equipment, go with Kelderman all the way around, too.

Flatbed with a Vee box. Toolbox, too. Spicer OTR 7 speed tranny with a Haisley Triple Disc Clutch.
    8.3 litre twin turbo Cummins with the P-7100 pump purchased from Thornville, Ohio with the parts purchased from Chesswick, PA.

Blizzard 8911? (the 11 footer) with a Sidewing custom mounted to fold back uder the flatbed body, and a SnowMan pull plow on the back. (This rig will still fit in most driveways.)

CB radio, Sirius sattelite, MP 3 Player, a SERIOUS heater. Cell phone holder, Laptop mount, one of those trucker fridges. Emergency chemical toilet. Little mattress in the back for a power nap.

Oh yeah, a cup holder fer me hot chocolate and a place fer a samich!
    Let's ride! Snow never had a chance!