1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dream truck!!!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Nov 7, 2010.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Has anyone ever tried to convert a 4x2 into a 4x4 on a W/D350 series dodge truck?? I have found a very clean 93 2wd xcab dually for cheap. NTM it has everything I've always wanted other than 4x4. This truck as a 4x4 is almost impossible to find in tis kind of condition without spending $10K.....

I think all I would need is a 4x4 donour truck for the front end springs steering componets. trans and transfercase. I might even put the front end on with a 4" lift and leave it as a 2wd and run some 22.5 buds.
  2. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

what no pics? Is it Black and diesel?
  3. Shawn S

Shawn S Junior Member

You will spend way more money and time converting it than it's worth. But, it would be a fun project, and it's tough to put a value on that.

I used to always jump into projects like this. Once in a while I would save a few bucks, once in a while I wouldn't. EVERY TIME I would throw time into a project when I should have been putting that time into running my business.
  4. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Just go get yourself a Dana 60 Steer axle from a Ford or a Dodge, and a(271?) transfercase. You can get aftermarket springs. No need to change trannys with an adapter plate. Unless you want a different tranny? Cummins Allisons are becoming very popular iwth the new stand alone controller boxes. A donor truck isn't really necessary.