1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

drained cylinders and pump now no side to side

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wiseguyslawn, Dec 12, 2009.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

wanted to flush everything so I drained the cylinders and pump. Refilled the e-58 pump with a quart of snowplow fluid and I have up and down but no side to side. It went all the way to left and will not move now. Do I have to bleed the lines? Would there be a caught air pocket in the line. Just doesn't seem like fluid is getting to the cylinder.

2. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Sounds like an air lock to me. Crack a few lines and run it side to side, it should work the air out.

3. wiseguyslawn

Thanks ill give it a try

4. wiseguyslawn

What do you mean by cracking the line. Sorry dont have the best mechanically inclined mind. just trying to save a repair bill. THanks again

5. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Just loosen one line on each angle cylinder about a quarter turn and run the pump. You will lose a little fluid but it should work the air out. Keep your kids and pets away while you are running the pump. High pressure can cause a lot of damage to skin and eyes. Maybe hang a shop towel over the loosened line to slow it down a bit. Don't run it too long, just long enough to get it angleing again. Retighten the fittings, fill the tank and check for leaks. Should be good to go.