1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Drag back issue

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by J_Kleve, Dec 5, 2007.

1. J_Kleve

J_Kleve Junior Member

First year using my 8'6" Diamond with a E60H pump. I've got about 8-10 residential driveways that I do and needless to say there is a fair amount of drag back required. The plow will drag back fine for 3-5 feet but then start to float leaving a thin film .5"-1" of snow. I don't have the drag back blade, the previous owner had it, told me it was useless (he ran into dropping snow issues when he set the blade down, same reason I never ran one on my Western) so I never bothered to go pick it up.

Could this be fixed by adjusting the A frame angle? Right now I'm running it on the middles mounting holes on my '01 F350 and the frame isn't parallel to the road (it's close, but I think the top holes would be closer). Would this even affect the drag back?

Going forward she works great - I'm just a little confused on what to do. Any other ideas aside from the A-frame angle, or is my only option to throw on the drag back?

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i have always ran my on the highest support holes of the 3 sets and back dragging seem to work the best up there. It has a sharper attack angle towards the ground and scraps alot better.Try it out and see if it works for you .

3. J_Kleve

J_Kleve Junior Member

Sounds good, I'll raise it up tonight, sounds like we've got another storm coming tomorrow :bluebounc

4. plow time

plow time Junior Member

I took off my shoes and turn the blade

5. plow time

plow time Junior Member

what i did

I took off my shoes and turned the blade

6. J_Kleve

J_Kleve Junior Member

I don't have the shoes on currently. Turing the blade before didn't make a difference. We haven't recieved any snow since I posted so I can't tell you if raising it made a difference.