1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DPF Power down

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Mr.Markus, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Have a problem with the DPF sending a code to the engine to power down on my 07 Duramax. Is there a way to reset or clear the code manually until I can get it to the dealer to fix the problem? PITA, had my local garage clear the code twice in the last 24 hrs.There checking the vin to see if I have all the updates. Doesn't seem to want to go through (or I can't remember it doing it's regen process lately. Is there a way to make it do it manually.

2. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

do you have a shop you can park the truck in to thaw it out? other than that check dieselplace.com for info, I'll look too- I don't have any experience with the DPF but i'll see what i can find.

3. Mr.Markus

Ya think she's just cold? I'll warm her up overnight in the shop but don't see how this will affect it.

4. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

Have you had it reflashed by the dealer yet? I believe there is an update for that truck, not sure if it fixes that problem but, I know a few guys with LMM's that have been called back to reflash.

5. Mr.Markus

Yea, but seeing as I use it between the hour of 1:00am and the time the dealer opens, I'm kinda hoping there's a manual way of clearing the codes so I can get my work done. I have a lead on getting it" delt with" permanently. At this point, I am seriously considering it. Been the only downfall of this truck, I love everything else about it.

6. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

DPF Delete and EFI tune!!!!!

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I'm very up to date on the LMM's and can help you out. I've been running without my DPF for over 2 years now with no problems. I did all the work myself also.

8. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

My Uncle as well as a few friends of mine have LMM's without the DPF's what a difference in mileage and power, I have a few EFI tunes for LMM's without DPF, if I can help either of you guys out let me know.

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I run EFI live but knowing a little bit about Markus he's better off going with a box tuner. JMO If you do want a tune I have quite a few. This tune here will be great for plowing.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

11. Mr.Markus

Thanks JD I might take you up on that. My only worry is that I live within a Km of a MTO inspection St. I get pulled in 4-5 times a year and wouldn't want some hotshot inspec to yank my tags and screw up my day.
    Also enjoy Milton and Erin Fall fairs and wouldn't want to have to show you up. :laughing:

(You know what that red flag means right?!!!):laughing: