1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DP Property Plowwings installed - almost ready

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DP Property, Oct 16, 2008.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Hi Guys

I got the wings on today and the plow shield and stuff. I still need to bolt on the top of the shield and seal the top and edges . Plow has all new bolts- ect and the 1075 salter was a piece of junk when I got it. It really cleaned up pretty nice- I also have to put the rubber back on the top of the blade. The blade is a Meyers stl-7.5 .

Here is some pics

David

truckwings1.jpg

truckwings2.jpg

truckwings3.jpg

truckwings4.jpg

truckwings5.jpg

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

nice lookin rig by the way buddy good luck this season.

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice lookin set-up, ur going to love the enclosure for loading salt!:waving:

4. davewh

davewh Member

I have an Expedition exactly like yours same colour and i've always wondered if I could plow with it let me know how you make out. AWSOME LOOKING TRUCK

5. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Nice rig! Looks comfy! plenty of guys by me plow with expeditions

6. DP Property

Plowing with Expedition and loading salt

Thanks for your comments guys. On plowing with the Expedition depends what model you have. This truck is a 1997 believe it or not and has been plowing since 2001. The heavy body and solid Ford frame are perfect for plowing. The only issue would be if you have the air shock system. This truck did from the factory but I have removed it all and install the aftermarket heavy spring suspension kit from Strutmasters. You simply remove the air shocks and the strutmaster shock bolt in there place. Shut down the air ride system and no more problems. If you try and plow with the air ride systems the computer will constantly be trying to adjust your ride level in the front end and you blow the compressor. ( I learned the hard way..lol)

I can get Expedition 4 x 4 s 2000 and 2001's here for 4 grand all day long now - why pay 26 thousand for a pick up. I most likely will buy another one when this one dies.

On loading salt I can hold about 12- 15 40 kg bags inside the truck with the seats down. I put them on a tarp . I open the back door and they unload very easily so this is not an issue .

Did I mention she has a dual battery also in the back. The new second battery runs, salter , vibrator, ect lights and all my radio gear.

If you pick one up for cheap with the air ride change to the spring kit from strutmaster and you will be ready to plow. The Expedition frame is the same as an F-150 frame this is why the truck has the STL-7.5 plow this plow is made lighter for the F-150.

7. DP Property

Red Nec snow plow..lmao

I love it Dave tymusictymusic

Nice website - you can plow with your Expedition - make sure your ujoints are all in good order , plan to replace your brakes once per season , and convert your air ride systems to springs and you would be fine .... Nice web page btw.

Hope this season is good to you.

David

RedNec13.jpg

8. davewh

davewh Member

Thanks for the compliments and back at ya, most guys say not to plow with an suv because of the blind spots but I have to be honest I can get in and out and manuever 10 times better in my Expedition than with the F150's hmm go figure, I'm seriously thinking of plowing with it.

9. DP Property

Blind spots and an suv

Yes there is some but I use the extra lights on the rear luggage bar and try to be careful at all times. Even when your tired and it seems there is nobody around your parking lot at 4 am. There is always that one person out for a 4 am walk that could be behind you.

I look out the window even when I am going to make a reverse pass in some of my bigger lot's.

10. DP Property

2001 Expedition

Dave does the 2001 have real shocks or airbag shocks? I think I saw some that looked like they had real shocks from factory? I am thinking about buying another one for a back up truck but not sure what year yet. I have read that 2003 and up have bad tranny problems and even dead engines. The older ones in reviews show less problems.

11. davewh

davewh Member

Mine has real shocks and I drive it alot no major problems just routine maintenance. as a Vehicle I would buy another in a second, just for the turning radius the expeditions can almost turn in a complete circle without moving the back tires LOL. I'm also looking at the Snow Ex salter I'm hoping to get the smaller version of yours for 250.00

BTW where are you located I'm in London

12. DP Property

I am in BelleRiver - just west of you about 2 hours I am about 40 miutes west of Chatham. BelleRiver is on the shores of lake ST. Clair.

Any work in London>? when im done my contracts in town I can head your way...lol.

My wife wants to move to London when the kids are all grown up. tymusic

13. davewh

davewh Member

:waving::waving:Sounds good to me LOL we'll plow london out together. Funny though when my kids are grown I want to move to the country

14. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Nice install on those wings...rubber pieces are right where they should be..over the blade.

15. DP Property

Install of Pro wings

Thank You Sir

I drove my posy crazy in my buddies shop with my pickyness

He he he

read some posts of that little trail of snow that sneaks through and I said NO NO NO payup

16. deckboys

deckboys Senior Member

looking good DP.... where did you get those wings at. I need a set..

hopefully this winter is just like last but with more snow and less melting

17. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

Nice reg DP.I plow my drive with a tahoe and have no problems so far.(just glad to out of the cold!)I like that salt spreader.I think I am going to have build one of those puppys to go on the back sometime.What does it weigh with a full load?Thanks for now Randy

18. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

nice setup

19. DP Property

Hey Bud !! Get them at angelos equipment in Farmington Hills, call em up order and drive over . Took me like an hour to get there from here. There only 175 bux us.

Hope this year is good to us :waving:

20. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

the wings are great, I had a buddy weld angle iron over the rubber so snow doesn't sneak behind it and prematurely crack the rubber. there is a picture if it in my signature line link.