1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DP Property Done full install some video

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by DP Property, Sep 6, 2009.

1. DP Property

DP Property Senior Member

Hi guys got the rears done today. I did put the rear strobe tubes in the reverse lites very tight in the F-350 but thanks to some pictures on this forum I got it. Everything fits nice no touching of the lens or bulbs. Took some video tonight. I have all 3 wires hooked up to control switch so regular power is quintuplet flash and low power is double flash. I thought the low power setting would be less aggressive when I'm at the window of a tim hortons coffee shop ..lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdaJZOKZ_EE

http://www.youtube.com/user/va3avp

2. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i would have not put them in the reverse lights they gonna heat up and melt the lens

3. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I think he will be fine. Mine are in the rev lights and I have never had an issue. Seems like that's how everyone around here runs them too

4. DP Property

I made sure they are closer to the reverse light bulb then the lense only abt mm to spare. I kept them back as far as possible from the lens. The lens feels warm but not crazy hot and off and on between properties I think I will be ok.

If not then it will be a lesson learned I will have to order new tail lights.

5. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

i have seen them melt

6. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Also, it will probably be less than 40F when you use them, so I wouldn't worry.

7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

had mine in reverse for 8 years now...ran for 25-30 hours at a time....ran in summer NEVER MELTED ANYTHING

8. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

fords 2000-2009 usually do not have a problem with them in the reverse lights.

1989-1998 chevy and gmc and also 2003-2007 chevy silverados have problems with the lenses melting because the bulb almost touches the reflector.

9. Dave1250

Dave1250 Member

strobe lights in front

Hi all just my 2 cents. The police might pull you over if strobe are use in the front because someone might think you are police trying to pull them over . I think some states are having problems with people pulling over cars .

10. DP Property

you could be rite will be interesting to see what happens on my properties. There all private but very busy locations. There are township trucks here with hideaway strobes also in the front but so far I see them on when there pulled over watering lanscape stuff.