1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dozer blade

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Jay brown, Aug 21, 2009.

1. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

my buddy built this a few years back...kinda cool... btw don't use one to plow snow though it cost me $1800 for a new gas cap at the gas station we plow....http://www.tobinblade.embarqspace.com/
  2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a pretty cool rig.
  3. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I havent seen a blade do that before-very nice. Whats something like that worth?
  4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

i think he's wanting somewher in the $5's
  5. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

If you had a model with a trip edge though:rolleyes:
    I've always thought that the tracked skids or compact multi terrain loaders could keep up with a D3 easy. That is a nice versatile blade. When can I demo one in Canada?
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I worked a job and the excavator had a dozer blade on his Deere CTL. Said it would outpush a D3 no problem, and the biggest CTLs can keep up with a D4.

Still no substitute for a D8 though. They have one at our landfill for a job. That thing is huge.
  7. redman6565

redman6565 PlowSite.com Addict

you probably could if you had a rubber edge and not steel...