1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Downward control for western plow?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by lveldre, Oct 4, 2009.

1. lveldre

lveldre Junior Member

I just bought a 1995 Suburban that has a western uni-mount plow with a small joystick control mounted to the dash. Since this is my first plow truck, I don't know if this is normal. My plow controls fine from side to side and up but when I push the joystick to down, the plow drops all the way down and I can't just stop it half way down. Is that just the way it is? I think it would be nice if I could adjust the plow down in increments if necessary. Thanks for the input. Larry
  2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Ya thats right it cqaled flote.
    you can adjust the plow when the plow is as far down as you want give the stick a quick hit up and the plow will stop its desent.
  3. noble@esitrucks

noble@esitrucks Member
    from 20181

plowmaster is on the money. the nature of the beast.