1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Downtown Milwaukee

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Longae29, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone by chance ever do any sidewalks in downtown milwaukee area? or any other downtown area for that matter. We never have, and I have a spec sheet here that is telling me that snow should be cleared to the edge of the walks and contractor shall avoid piling snow along street. Which leads me to wonder where to go with the snow? If i include the cost of hauling it out with each clearing I'd never get the job. Any feedback would be appreciated.
  2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Here we stack it on the "curb" ( blow it into the street LOL)

When it gets bad the city hauls it away anyway.
  3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

either blade towards the lot your plowing if theres grass to one side blade of to that side windrow further back of the sdwk if it's adding up, other then that your going to have to push out to the street have a skid or truck carry it off to stack some where, an yes it ads cost but thats is to be Admajioun.
  4. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

I have never done anything like this downtown, but did plow a small lot down there and have seen it done often. What they do is have a skid and dump trucks and they push it all into the street then load the trucks and they go dump it at the snow dump down in bay view at the lake. All done at night of course, during the day they just push it to the street and then come back and clean it up at night. Gotta leave the streets open, and can't bury the parking meters so trucking it out is only option.
  5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

thats kind of what i figured, there is no way to do it cost effectively just having one job. the bids were due last week for the company, I didnt even bid on that property.