1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Downpressure VS Hydraulic lock

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by PhatSupraTT, Sep 11, 2007.

1. PhatSupraTT

PhatSupraTT Member

I'm looking into buying my first plow and I'm curious exactly what the difference between Snoway's highly marketed "downpressure" feature and Western Suburbanite's hydraulic lockdown.

I'm leaning toward the Suburbanite but want to make sure I'll be able to back drag without issues.

2000 Tacoma
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway's 22 is a much better system, fast, and efficient. I have a few customers running around with 7'6" on taco's also on Jeeps. One has a unit driven by an employee who hates it. Hates the truck, hates the plow, hates plowing in general. When they picked it up he told me the plow would never hold up. 4 months later it was in for a high pressure weap in a hose (warranty), he told me he'd been "beating the sh*t out of it." I asked if it'd been doing the job, He wouldn't look at me as he mumbled it worked real well he just hated pushing snow. I figure if it holds up to a unhappy diver who admits beating it up, it should run great for the guy who owns it. I have a 6'8" 22 series on a liberty i use for drives. great little combo blade works well and the jeep turns on a dime.
    Look at the poly wearedge it's light, durable, quiet, and won't harm sealed pavers.